Thursday, June 17, 2010

No, seriously...it's still raining?

To give you an idea of my latest obsession, I get up in the morning and turn on the computer. Within twenty minutes, even if I'm trying not to, I have checked no less than three different 10-day forecasts online. Then I listen to KPLU with an ear for the weather. I get cranky when people talk over the top of the weather forecast. It doesn't really matter what it says, because it has consistently changed before the glorious row of sunballs arrives at our doorstep. Sure, two days of sun is lovely. Three is even better. But it's the middle of June here, and we're staring down yet another week of partly cloudy and showers. They just keep taunting us with those sunballs.

Your neurotic, sun-starved farmers are anxious to get more seeds in the ground!

Not to mention that we're so used to this gloomy weather, that whenever the sun does come out, we are in a panic to get everything done, and we're so darn hot. 75 degrees? I don't know if we can bear it.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way! The rains delayed our veggie garden planting, stunted the growth of our pasture grass and kept the poor cattle in a muddy-dry-muddy paddock for too long. Of course, yesterday's 80 degrees and sunshine was quite over the top. We Washingtonians are so fickle, aren't we? :)

    We hope to visit you during your Strawberry Festival on Saturday...rain OR shine!

    ReplyDelete